[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2632: option in context menu to export vector attribute table

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 01:50:56 PST 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 22/12/15 16:09, Paulo van Breugel wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 3:47 PM, GRASS GIS <trac at osgeo.org
>> <mailto:trac at osgeo.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     #2632: option in context menu to export vector attribute table
>>     --------------------------+-------------------------
>>        Reporter:  pvanbosgeo   |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
>>            Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
>>       Component:  Vector       |    Version:  unspecified
>>     Resolution:               |   Keywords:
>>             CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
>>     --------------------------+-------------------------
>>
>>     Comment (by mlennert):
>>
>>       I added a second patch that puts the (IMHO) main options of
>>     v.db.select
>>       (map, column separator, output file) into a "Main choices" tab. I
>>     think
>>       this should be enough to make exporting attributes easier, without
>>     having
>>       to code a separate simplified GUI. Not sure if "Main choices" is
>>     the best
>>       choice of names for that tab, though. Any better ideas are more than
>>       welcome.

Thanks Moritz, this works perfectly. This is really a very welcome
addition, I hope this can be incorporated.

>> Thanks. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to apply/test that patch, is
>> there a description / grass wiki page somewhere that explains?
>>

> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Patches
>
> For the GUI part (export_attributes.patch) you can also copy the changes
> manually into gui/wxpython/lmgr/layertree.py in your GRASS installation
> directory (GISBASE).
>
> For the v.db.select change you need to patch (or apply manually - there
> are not that many changes) and then recompile the module.

Thanks. My problem was that I didn't recognized the format.. which looked
suspiciously as html. Which it was, I accidentally saved the webpage of the
patch instead of the patch file itself.