[GRASS-dev] results in winGRASS7 32bit vs 64bit: should they be identical?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Dec 30 02:48:48 PST 2015

hi,

I've done some quick diff test with results of winGRASS7 32bit vs 64bit in
the NC sample dataset:

r.slope.aspect:

r.mapcalc aspect32bit - aspect64bit => 0
r.mapcalc slope32bit - slope64bit => 0

they seems to be identical.

r.watershed:

r.mapcalc accum32bit - accum64bit

r.info map=diffaccum at accumtest

 | Map:      diffaccum at accumtest            Date: Wed Dec 30 11:50:35 2015
|
 | Mapset:   accumtest                      Login of Creator: myricaria
|
 | Location: nc_spm_08_grass7
|
 | DataBase: C:\grassdata
|
 | Title:     ( diffaccum )
|
 | Timestamp: none

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 0
|
 |   Data Type:    DCELL
|
 |   Rows:         1350
|
 |   Columns:      1500
|
 |   Total Cells:  2025000
|
 |        Projection: Lambert Conformal Conic
|
 |            N:     228500    S:     215000   Res:    10
|
 |            E:     645000    W:     630000   Res:    10
|
 |   Range of data:    min = -8.14907252788544e-010  max =
4.65661287307739e- |

 |   Data Description:
|
 |    generated by r.mapcalc
|

 |   Comments:
|
 |    accum32bit at accumtest - accum64bit at accumtest

the results between 32bit and 64bit winGRASS seems not to be identical.

any ideas if they should be identical?

-----
best regards
Helmut