[GRASS-dev] New splash screen for GRASS GIS 7?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:04:06 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> This just makes the rectangle smaller, but I still see it without the
> image for a while.

I don't see the rectangle on Ubuntu but the splash screen is there just for
a very short time comparing to how long nothing is visible. When starting
GRASS for the first time after restart of computer I wait something like 7
seconds for the splash screen and splash screen is there just for 3
seconds. I guess this is not something we can change because when started
for second time, the splash screen shows immediately, so the 7 seconds are
for loading the wx libraries. I saw the same ratio of nothing and splash
screen time on some MS Windows machines too.