[GRASS-dev] r.univar, ERROR G_realloc:

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 06:06:13 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hi Pietro,
>
> (back to an older email)

>>> Today I tried to reduce the memory footprint of the module and I
>>> added also: skewness, kurtosis and mode, and reduced some
>>> capabilities, I will test it in the next days.
>
> we would be interested to have the "mode" calculation in trunk.
>
>> OK, I pushed in grass-addons, at the moment it works only with zones
>> and with the flag -e (for extended statistics).
>>
>> On my test case r.univar consume more than 15 GB before to crash, now
>> the module consume less than GB, and compute also some extra values.
>
> Sounds very good :-)
>
> Do you see a chance to get the changes into trunk?

the module it is already in the grass-addons: r.univar2 [0].

if compared with r.univar in trunk, zones is a required parameter, it
should be not too difficult to modify r.univar2 to use just one zone
if the zones parameter is not provided by the user...

But at the moment I'm quite buisy with my thesis and work... so I'm
not sure to have time to look into it soon (with soon I mean before
April).

Let me know if it is ok for you.

Best regards

Pietro