[GRASS-dev] splash screen image comes up too late [Re: Planning GRASS GIS 7.0.0RC2]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 9 00:37:47 PST 2015

On 07/02/15 14:09, Anna Petrášová wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 6:06 AM, Moritz Lennert

>     But if I'm really the only one with the issue, maybe something's
>     wrong in my config.
>

> I didn't have any problem with or without wxPython 3, but I have a new
> fast laptop. I would keep the new splash screen in trunk, maybe not put
> it in release since it changes start up mechanism and that should be
> tested more.

I agree, again especially if I'm the only one with this issue.

Don't change the startup logic with RC2. If this needs changing then
this should go into a point release.

FYI, however, here's a movie showing the three GUI startups in
release64, release70 and trunk, all three completely fresh checkouts and
compiles:

http://tomahawk.ulb.ac.be/moritz/splash_screen.ogv

As you can see in release70, the splash image seems to appear at exactly
the same time as the rest of the GUI, while in trunk it appears
immediately and the GUI then show up a bit later.

And here's the system info:

Version de GRASS: 7.0.0svn

Version SVN :: 64521

Date de compilation: 2015-01-09

Build Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

GDAL/OGR: 1.10.1

PROJ.4: 4.8.0

GEOS: 3.4.2

SQLite: 3.8.7.1

Python: 2.7.8

wxPython: 3.0.1.1

Plateforme: Linux-3.16.0-4-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-8.0

Moritz