[GRASS-dev] splash screen image comes up too late [Re: Planning GRASS GIS 7.0.0RC2]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 9 01:01:30 PST 2015

On 08/02/15 17:35, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> Are you sure it's caused by the splash screen loading change? Can you
>> confirm that the previous version is working? I don't have any problems.
>
> yes, it seems to be somehow connected.
>
> Before this change in wxgui.py:
>
> i.edge: Unable to fetch interface description for command 'i.edge'.
>
> Details: i.edge: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgrass_gis.7.0.0svn.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>
> r.houghtransform: Unable to fetch interface description for command
> 'r.houghtransform'.
>
> Details: r.houghtransform: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgrass_vector.7.0.0svn.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> wx.metadata: Unable to fetch interface description for command 'wx.metadata'.
>
> After:
>
> i.edge: Unable to fetch interface description for command 'i.edge'.
>
> Details: i.edge: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgrass_gis.7.0.0svn.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>
> r.houghtransform: Unable to fetch interface description for command
> 'r.houghtransform'.
>
> Details: r.houghtransform: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgrass_vector.7.0.0svn.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> wx.metadata: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 15:
> ordinal not in range(128)

I don't get the error message anymore, so the fix seems to have solved that.

I now see in the terminal:

r.modis: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 32: ordinal
not in range(128)

However, I cannot launch r.modis.import or r.modis.download on the
command line as I get:

ERREUR :Not able to find the modis library directory.

This is related to https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2097.

Moritz