[GRASS-dev] Updating tests for t.connect

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 20:15:28 PST 2015

Hi,

in past days [1] several tests related to t.connect were failing with the
following error message [2]:

Process ended with non-zero return code g.mapset(mapset='test1',
flags=u'c'). See the following errors:
ERROR: There appears to be an active GRASS session in selected mapset
       <test1>

The tests are unique because they are creating custom Mapsets and switching
into them. I committed a fix for the tests [r64641] which should be applied
anyway and documented what is needed in these cases [r64642]. However, the
tests were happily running for quite some time and I'm not sure what caused
the Mapsets to contain the lock.

It seems as a local problem, I was not able to reproduce it on other
machine, but I don't have an idea what would be the problem on the testing
server. I'm just little bit worried if there might be some unexpected
change between r64535 (day before the potential problem), r64546 (day
before failed tests) and r64581 (first day with failed tests) [3]. It's
probably nothing but I just wanted to let everybody know if somebody would
have some doubts too.

Vaclav

[1] http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/summary_report/nc/index.html
[2]
http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/reports_for_date-2015-02-12-08-00/report_for_nc_spm_08_grass7_nc/temporal/t.connect/test_distr_tgis_db_raster/index.html
[3] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/log/grass/trunk?rev=64581&stop_rev=64535
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/64641
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/64642

BTW, I did also some PEP8 and Pylint cleaning in the files. Please, use
these tools to check the Python files. Please check wiki, doc, and tools
directory for more info:

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Tools_for_Python_programming
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/libpython/gunittest_testing.html#analyzing-quality-of-source-code
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/tools