[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2702: G7: vector vrt not recognized by "v.in.ogr - import common formats"/can't be opened

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Jul 11 15:21:22 PDT 2015

#2702: G7: vector vrt not recognized by "v.in.ogr - import common formats"/can't
be opened
--------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  hellik       |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  Default      |    Version:  svn-releasebranch70
Resolution:               |   Keywords:
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+---------------------------------

Comment (by hellik):

 Replying to [comment:2 mlennert]:
 > Or you can change the line to:
 >
 > <SrcDataSource relativeToVRT=1>gbif_gisinput.csv</SrcDataSource>
 >
 > and then it works, whatever your CWD, as long as the csv file is in the
 correct relative position to the vrt file (in this case in the same
 directory).

 yes, adding relativeToVRT=1 does the trick (will change the title of the
 ticket)

 > BTW: I have no problems using the wxgui import wizard to import this
 vrt. Have you made sure that the wizard file picker was not configured to
 only look for shapefiles ?

 here the vrt is recognized by the vector import wizard if I explicitely
 choose the vrt file.

 in mode "source type: directory; format: vrt": if I enter the path to
 directory, only the shapefile in this folder is recognized, although vrt
 is defined as format.

 {{{
 System Info
 GRASS version: 7.1.svn
 GRASS SVN revision: 65544
 Build date: 2015-07-09
 Build platform: i686-pc-mingw32
 GDAL: 1.11.2
 PROJ.4: 4.8.0
 GEOS: 3.4.2
 SQLite: 3.7.17
 Python: 2.7.4
 wxPython: 2.8.12.1
 Platform: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 (OSGeo4W)
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2702#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>