[GRASS-dev] All Python addons are missing

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 03:40:32 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 4:15 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Sorry to report but grass.script cannot be imported when building addons,
> > e.g.:
> >
> > http://grass.osgeo.org/addons/grass7/logs/d.vect.thematic2.log
>
> thanks for reporting, problem was broken svn repo:
>
> svn: Failed to add file 'setup.py': an unversioned file of the same
> name already exists
>
> I fixed that.

Markus had the same issue. This was discussed some time ago, I think in
relation to changes in module names (g.mlist/g.list) and perhaps builds for
automated tests. If you want to avoid problems run `make distclean` before
`svn up`. For automated builds this is necessary. Here is what I use:

# if we do distclean but svn up fails, then distclean fails next time
# (thus || true is necessary with set -e)
make distclean $GENERAL_MAKE_FLAGS &>$OUTPUT_LOGFILE || true
svn up &>>$OUTPUT_LOGFILE
./script_configure.sh &>>$OUTPUT_LOGFILE
make $GENERAL_MAKE_FLAGS &>>$OUTPUT_LOGFILE