[GRASS-dev] GRASS7 GUI error on Fedora 22 (beta)

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:55:42 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I'm trying to make a virtual machine with GRASS7 on Fedora 22 (only
grass64 is available so far), I didn't have any particular problem
configuring with:

{{{
./configure \
  --with-cxx \
  --with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config \
  --with-proj --with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj \
  --with-sqlite \
  --with-nls \
  --with-wxwidgets=/usr/bin/wx-config \
  --with-fftw \
  --with-python=/usr/bin/python-config \
  --with-freetype --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
  --enable-largefile \
  --without-odbc
}}}

and then compiling...

but when I start GRASS I got this Error:

{{{
$ grass71
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1008,wx
containers,compatible with 2.8),
and wxPython used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx
containers,compatible with 2.8).
ERROR: Invalid return code from GUI startup script.
Please advise GRASS developers of this error.
Exiting...
}}}

Any ideas?

Pietro