[GRASS-dev] Error reading raster data for row xxx (only when using r.series and t.rast.series)

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:25:30 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2015 7:01 PM, "Dylan Beaudette" <dylan.beaudette at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Markus,
>>
>> GRASS version information:
>>
>>  ./configure  --without-odbc --without-mysql --with-readline
>> --with-cxx --enable-largefile --with-freetype
>> --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 --with-sqlite
>> --with-python --with-pthread
>
> I would not use pthread.

Hi Markus,

I have done some tests after re-compiling _without_ pthreads. So far,
no errors from r.series. Also I seem to be getting better performance
form r.mapcalc and t.rast.series, especially when working with files
loaded via r.external. I don't know enough about pthreads to speculate
further. Any ideas?

I'll report back when the script finishes, probably 20 hours or so.

Cheers,
Dylan