[GRASS-dev] Travis-ci and tests of grass 7

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 08:56:24 PDT 2015

Hi Rainer,

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
> is anything happening in regards to the travis-ci integration? I did not
> get any feedback or how I can submit it to the svn.

Ideally open a ticket a submit a diff. That's what I do (although I can
actually commit) for things which are unclear, unfinished or need
discussion, see e.g. #2732.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2732

> In regards to testing: I know about the python gunit tests [1]. Are
> there any other tests which should be included in the scripts? Should
> detailed results generated by the tests be uploaded somewhere in case of
> an error? Or always? If yes, where?

The tests should run as well. We probably cannot upload the detailed
results anywhere. There is some basic text output however. Perhaps we
should add option to gunittest to not generate the detailed output at all.

The other issues that it takes much more time then compilation and it needs
to download data.

Finally, the tests are still not at 100%, although we are pretty close:

http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/summary_report/nc/index.html

> Also, should the same tests be done for other versions?

Probably yes. I don't know how difficult would be to sync Git repo also for
release branch. I'm also not sure about differences for Travis between Git
solution in comparison to Homebrew but I suppose you do :)

Vaclav