[GRASS-dev] New module: v.envelope

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 11 22:45:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

in addition to Helmut's answer:

On Sep 11, 2015 10:16 PM, "Richard Nairn" <richard at nairnconsulting.ca>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After doing some searching to see if the functionality was there I
decided to try my hand at writing a simple module. I wrote "v.envelope"
which creates a new vector layer based on a simple max/min rectangular
bounding box of a vector layer (points/lines/polygons).
> Just wondering if  there any interest in it's submission  as either an
add-on, or core module. If so-what's the process?

Where would you have expected an answer and didn't find it? I'm always
interested in improving the web site...

Thanks
Markus