[GRASS-dev] TGRASS: granularity question concerning MODIS LST maps

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 12 11:08:34 PDT 2015

Hi Markus,
Am 12.09.2015 14:43 schrieb "Markus Neteler" <neteler at osgeo.org>:

> On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Sören Gebbert
> <soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > From 10:30 to 13:30 are 180 minutes. This is the smallest gap size
between the time instances.
> > And it is the greatest common divider between all gaps in the time
series.

> Sure but in the end that's not of great relevance when dealing with
> irregular, absolute data, right?
> So I can basically ignore it here? Just to be sure.

I am not sure what you expect from the granularity? In case it is of no
relevance for you, then you can simply ignore it. If you dont need this
kind of temporal information in an aggregation process, ignore it.

However, you can use it as indicator of the import procedure and time stamp
quality of your dataset. In this case indicates the granularity correctly
alligned time stamps.

Ciao
Sören