[GRASS-dev] Some wxPython 3 issues

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 17 14:04:46 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 7:13 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 6:42 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>
>> - wxpython3_textfield_bug.jpg: this is in the bulk raster import, the
>> change of name during import is not readable (the text field is of one
>> pixel height, see red ellipsis in the screenshot
>
> What do you think is the "actual text".

We tried to replace the upper name. But it remains while a few pixels,
as highlighted in red, got shown (of course unreadable).

> I see the names there, they are
> perhaps wrong (split by first dot) but they are there (in your screenshot).

No, that are the old names we wanted to change.

> The marked thing looks like some rendering glitch.

Indeed that is the textfield at editing time :(

>> - the selector button is not much readable in the map layer manager as
>> well as some other places (red indication in screenshot) but there is
>> a nice tick box in the same bulk raster import dialog which might be
>> used everywhere (green indication). This would help a lot.
>
> The difference is caused by simple native versus some advanced rendering. As
> with many other bugs you've reported earlier, the only way I see is to look
> to wxPython demo application which contains all possible widgets and see if
> the issue is there as well

ok done:

dnf -y install wxPython-docs

python /usr/share/doc/wxPython-docs/demo/CheckBox.py
Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul  5 2015, 14:15:43)
[GCC 5.1.1 20150618 (Red Hat 5.1.1-4)]
wx.version: 3.0.2.0 gtk3 (classic)

The demo looks perfect (see screenshot) as in the lower part of the
bulk importer. So seems to be a GRASS issue. Perhaps the wx.CheckBox()
changes the style somehow unintentionally?

Markus