[GRASS-dev] Some wxPython 3 issues

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 30 13:17:31 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

>> Again, ask on mailing list. They will probably suggest you to test newer
>> wxpython version and then create a ticket, but maybe they have some more
>> insights.
>
> FYI
> I reported it to Fedora's bugzilla, they kindly took care and reported
> it upstream:
>
> "Looks to be a wxWidgets bug in GTK3 implementation.  I filed a bug
> upstream and provided a reproducer:"
> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/17160

FYI:
Fedora has just published a new wxPython3 package with a workaround
implemented, in order to not have to wait for the upstream GTK3 fix:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-1b1f67cf23

I installed it and the ListCtrl_edit issue is gone! Who needs a hint
how to get it now, just contact me.
However, iIn some days it will likely be distributed through the
Fedora 22+ update channels anyway.

Markus