[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] data catalog question

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:21:25 PDT 2016

On 12-04-16 18:21, Anna Petrášová wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Paulo van Breugel
>> Hi Anna
>>
>> I just updated GRASS trunk version (GRASS GIS 7.1.svn r68252) to test the
>> data catalogue. However, when opening the data tab in the main GUI, after
>> some waiting, the GUI crashes with:
>>
>> GRASS_INFO_ERROR(30614,1): Mapset <backup> does not exist
> this error comes from g.list mapset=backup ...
>
> and 'backup' comes from running 'g.mapsets -l' for each location.
> Could you run it in the problematic location? Do you get then
> 'backup'? Also you can try to switch on debug mode.
Found the problem. In one of the locations I had a copy of a mapset
folder 'Dispersal' which I named 'Dispersal backup', so it is the space
in the name of the second one that caused the problem.

> I don't know what the rest of the errors mean. If you find the
> problem, I can try to reproduce it.
>
> Anna
>
>> On 10-04-16 05:00, Anna Petrášová wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering what is the opinion about the new data catalog (in
>>> trunk), specifically, whether users should be able to modify (copy,
>>> rename, delete) maps from other mapsets and locations than the current
>>> ones.
So now I could try out the new functionality. I can display or copy maps
from other mapsets, but only if in the same location. If I am in another
location, there is still the option to display or copy in the context
menu (right click), but when selecting copy, there is the error message
that "failed to copy: action is allowed only within the same mapset".
When selecting 'display', the message is "failed to display:  not in
current mapset or invalid layer".

>>> I find it very useful to edit any mapsets, but it goes against
>>> the traditional GRASS approach. I have this (edit anything behavior)
>>> implemented locally, but wanted to know before committing if people
>>> agree with that.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Anna