[GRASS-dev] r.in.gdal: restrict extent of imported data set to current region?

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:07:53 PDT 2016

Hello Markus,

Ohh, I would so very much like that -r flag in r.in.gdal (
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2055)...

For the time being, what about:

r.external
r.mapcalc
g.remove

?

or passing the xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax to gdal_translate with -projwin and
then r.in.gdal?

Dunno how efficient would that be for such a huge dataset, though... I'd
still prefer the -r in r.in.gdal ;)

cheers,
Vero