[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3114: v.kriging: images in manual do not show (and when shown should be bigger)

Eva Stopková eva.stopkova at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 14:08:18 PDT 2016

Dear all,

 The v.kriging addon could do with a bit more love for documentation: In
>  the  manual the images are not shown. All images as in an 'images'
>  directory within the addons directory, but that images directory does not
>  get installed together with the addon.
>
>  I don't know if there is Makefile magic to install that directory.

I have tried adding VPATH [1] to the Makefile. I would like to ask... does
the issue with missing images happen just here [2] or does it appear in
general? I have tried to install the modules from addons (after cleaning my
GRASS) and the images seem to work correctly in my computer. I would like
to understand the issue better, may I ask what is the difference between
compiling module at user's computer and here [2]?

> The other solution is to put all images into the root directory of the
> addon.

I would prefer them to stay in separate subdirectories, but if it won't
work, I shall replace them.

>  When doing the latter, the images appear in the manual page, but in the
>  version displayed within the wxGUI module window, these images are too
>  small (when displaying the html in a web browser, the size is smallish,
>  but acceptable).

I have modified the layout, hopefully this helps.

>  Fig. 10 is not displayed because of a typo in the file name.

Thanks to Markus for fixing it.

>  Finally, even though the examples are helpful, there should be more
>  information in the description, explaining each of the parameter's roles
>  and in which of the phases they are useful.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will add the information immediately after
fixing the images.

Best regards,

Eva

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/General-Search.html