[GRASS-dev] Planning of GRASS GIS 6.4.6 release

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 29 13:45:34 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 29/08/16 15:19, Markus Neteler wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Moritz Lennert
>> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>>>
>>> The release having been tagged and source code already available, what is
>>> left that needs to be done for releasing 6.4.6 ?
>>

>> I have the announcement almost done. So, sit & wait that I get a
>> moment later today to upload the stuff :-)
>>
>> The FOSS4G 2016 only ended yesterday, hence the delay.
>

> It was not a critique of the delay, but a inquiry to know if you need help
> with anything. ;-)

Sure, no problem! In general help is seeked to share the workload of
posting the announcement as a press release.
The doc/howto_release.txt in the course code contains the links. BUT:
I can happily do that since it is the end of GRASS GIS 6 releases
anyway, so no big hype is needed here. Also the creation of binaries
is less important here perhaps.

 Getting related help for the next G7 releases would be great, i.e.
- write a catchy announcement
- add nice screenshot(s) to it
- provide binaries.

However, we may discuss that in the 7.0.5 planning email thread to not
mix it up with this one here.

thanks
Markus