[GRASS-dev] Makefile for an addon using Cython

Laurent C. lrntct at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:05:38 PST 2016

> Dear Laurent,
>
>> I wrote an extension which include a mix of Python and Cyhon files.
>> What would be the preferable way to make it easy to install with g.extension?
>> I imagine that it could be easier to distribute the generated C file
>> along the .pyx file, as it will not require the user to have Cython
>> installed.
>
> Indeed I think that the C file should also tracked.
>
>> Which form would take the Makefile in that case? Is there some
>> examples I could follow?
>
> As far as I know this is the first GRASS addon written using Cython,
> so no examples are available...
> But you can see other Makefile for python or C addons.

Makefiles for C and Python are using different default targets.
I'm wondering if there is any example of a module using both C and Python.
I've basically no knowledge of neither GNU make or the GRASS
compilation process, and the on-line documentation recommends using
boilerplate Makefile for add-ons. I did this with another extension
written in Python only, but now it's seems a bit more complex to me.