[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2697: data catalog does not show all raster layers, while showing some non-existing

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 9 19:16:40 PST 2016

#2697: data catalog does not show all raster layers, while showing some non-
existing
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  pvanbosgeo   |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  unspecified
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  datacatalog
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Linux
--------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by annakrat):

 Replying to [comment:18 veroandreo]:
 > Replying to [comment:17 martinl]:
 > > Replying to [comment:15 annakrat]:
 > > > I am not sure if this solves the problem. I guess it won't show then
 the correct results? I am

 > > I checked `nc_spm_08_grass7` location in datacatalog and the result
 seems to be OK.

 > Works for me, too. I can see all locations, mapsets and their content.
 It seems slow though with the mapset that has more than 15000 raster maps,
 but maybe that's fine :)

 I was testing with 12000 maps and 35 locations on a computer with 8 cores
 and SSD disk and it took less then 1 second to display the tree. It's
 parallelized on the level of locations, so if you have all maps in one
 location, it won't help you much. And depends on your computer
 specifications. What exactly is slow for you?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2697#comment:21>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>