[GRASS-dev] Interest in GSoC 2016

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 20:11:13 PDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:12 PM, massimo di stefano <
massimodisasha at gmail.com> wrote:

> can you please explain us your approach to develop a Qt based map canvas?

I don't know how well known is this but definitely work mentioning. Soeren
implemented some new methods into GRASS C library which can be used to show
raster maps in GUI. They seems to be working quite well in the Grass Data
Explorer QGIS Plugin. This might be an interesting alternative to the
current d-command-based approach which is the default solution I assume.
But as Anna said, we need to make a distinction between rendering (getting
picture of data) and GUI (buttons to say which picture), although in case
of map display they are tightly coupled.