[GRASS-dev] Delete r.le.* now?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:17:05 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 4:13 AM, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>
wrote:
>>> I suggest identifying what is missing in r.li from r.le and opening
tickets
>>> for it. Then it seems that it is time to remove r.le.* from addons, so
it is
>>> clear that they don't need to be maintained.

I'm still unclear on whether we have the r.le functionality in other
modules or not. Here are the modules and their descriptions from the manual:

r.le.patch - calculates attribute, patch size, core (interior) size, shape,
fractal dimension, and perimeter measures for sets of patches in a landscape

r.le.index - Contains a set of measures for attributes, diversity, texture,
juxtaposition, and edge

r.le.trace - Displays the boundary of each r.le patch and shows how the
boundary is traced, displays the attribute, size, perimeter and shape
indices for each patch and saves the data in an output file