[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [Proj] Gerald Evenden

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Sep 4 08:51:41 PDT 2016

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co>
Date: Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Proj] Gerald Evenden
To: "PROJ.4 and general Projections Discussions" <proj at lists.maptools.org>

> On Sep 2, 2016, at 11:20 AM, Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> A note to let you know that while I was researching materials for the website, I discovered that Gerald Evenden had passed on April 7th, 2016.
>
> http://www.ccgfuneralhome.com/obit/gerald-i.-evenden

FYI, I have been able to make contact with Gerald's son in regards to
access to his original latex documentation sources. He doesn't have
them accessible at the moment, but he is planning to look through some
of Gerald's materials for them in a month or so when he visits his
parent's home.

I don't think there has ever been a write-up of Gerald's contributions
for public consumption. I would like to lead such an effort. If you
have anecdotes of working with Gerald, stories of how impactful his
software has been in your career, or other interesting items, please
privately send them to me. I will collate them into an article and
find an outlet for it.

Thanks,

Howard