[GRASS-dev] temporally aggregate a vector time series

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:57:45 PDT 2016

Hi,
unfortunately, there is no vector aggregation available at the attribute
level. However you can transform your time series of vector point data into
coarse raster data time series, aggregate it and sample the result with the
point coordinates (t.vect.observe.strds). Make sure that vector points
belong to single pixels, hence one point per pixel.

Best regards
Soeren

> Hello devs
>
> I'm wondering whether it is possible to aggregate space time vector data
sets (STVDS).

> I have a daily time series of vector maps (points) and I would like to
aggregate it weekly. Is that possible somehow with t.vect.algebra? I
blindly assumed there was something like t.rast.aggregate for vectors too,
but there's no... I think maybe it is possible with t.vect.algebra given
that the operation would be equivalent to v.overlay operator=or, but as
with t.rast.algebra, those manual pages are just a mistery to my limited
understanding... Can anyone give any hints? or hall I discard vector time
series approach completely?