[GRASS-dev] Modified i.rgb.his

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Sep 9 07:13:02 PDT 2016

Dear all,

instead of modifying i.rgb.his and i.his.rgb, which, in my humble view, would
take time to be accepted, even in trunk, I decided to derive to new modules:
i.rgb.hsl (https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/sandbox/alexandris/i.rgb.hsl)
and i.hsl.rgb (https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/sandbox/alexandris/i.hsl.rgb).

Obviously, they convert values between the RGB and HSL color spaces. The `bits`
option allows for arbitrary color depths from 2 up to 16. Maybe there is need
for even higher number of colors per image?

It is possible to make a roundtrip from rgb to hsl and back to rgb landing to
the exact same ranges (not 1:1 identical values). The output from i.hsl.rgb is
FCELL though I can imagine that it could be well desired to be, also, possible
to get simply CELLs.

This is a call for testers and assistance in any way that would improve them.
I would like to ask for access to svn, but maybe it’s too early.

Wish to see ticketis #774 and #2^11 in trac resolved :-)

Thanks, Nikos