[GRASS-dev] [release] GRASS 7.2.1 planning

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Feb 26 11:33:28 PST 2017

>* April 2017 7.2.1
>* September 2017 7.2.2
>* December 2017 7.2.3
>* April 2018 7.2.4
>* May 2018 7.4.0
>* September 2018 7.2.5 (probably last 7.2.x version)

What about simplyfying the release cycle with only 2 fixed releases in a
year?

spring and fall/autumn with following scheme:

spring 2017 - 7.4.0
autumn 2017 - 7.4.1
spring 2018 - 7.6.0
autumn 2018 - 7.6.1
spring 2019 - 7.8.0
autumn 2019 - 7.8.1
spring 2020 - 8.0.0
autumn 2020 - 8.0.1

and so on (with an urgent bugfix release in between if needed)

related to our dev man power, 2 releases a year should be enough.

with the nice side effect to have a some kind of a "lts" for a year ;-),
then after a year the next latest and greatest release will arrive.

p.s. me neglecting any release version naming convention :-D

-----
best regards
Helmut