[GRASS-dev] Still Failing: GRASS-GIS/grass-ci#1898 (master - 7fa0125)

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:20:41 PST 2017

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? svn: E175002:
> Unable to connect to a repository at URL
> 'https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk'
>
> svn: E175002: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk':
> Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted
> (https://svn.osgeo.org)
>
> Error: Failed to download resource "grass-trunk"
> *******************************

It seems to me that would be better if Travis for GRASS used the actual
source code from the repository directly and not use Homebrew and the
Homebrew installation would be tested separately.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3250

Now http://grass.osgeo.org/ (which probably shouldn't have the test badge
at all) shows failed build because of missing certificates while nothing
being bad with GRASS source code.

Travis CI cannot build repo based on another repo:

https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/631

But it has cron jobs:

https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/cron-jobs/

Daily build of the Homebrew formula repo seems more appropriate for testing
than the workaround in the code.

Since Travis CI is not 100% reliable for Mac, it will also separate all the
false positives. It still can send messages to grass-dev (all Travis is
already white listed, right?) but more people should get access to the repo
if that's the case.

Vaclav