[GRASS-dev] GRASS flyer for the new osgeo branding

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 23:06:11 PDT 2017

On 25 July 2017 at 15:30, Vincent Bain <bain at toraval.fr> wrote:
> Hello Luca and Vaclav,

Hi Vincent,

> thank you for forwarding me this thread.

sorry if I didn't add you before..

> [I'm not sure how pertinent is my comment on this, given I don't know
> much of the OSGeo context where this flyer is meant to be published --
> soory if I misunderstand]
>
> I would just recommend (just my 2 c., not any kind of claim) to take
> into account the effort we made some time ago to enhance the graphical
> identity of GRASS, esp. concerning fonts, colors, usage of GRASS GIS
> logo. It is probably not that easy to clearly distinguish between OSGeo
> and GRASS identity clues (all is more or less green and black and
> white...), but I suggest that:
> * we keep using the original GRASS "green" definition on this paper, I
> mean for the logo only (not titles, I understand they belong to OSGeo
> guidelines), or alternatively decline the logo in greyscale;

+1 instead I will leave our official logo

> * GRASS GIS wording (and possibly the slogan) be consistent with our
> identity (esp. font).

eh this is a problem... you need to think that this is the OSGeo
brochure for GRASS and the idea is to have a consistent fonts/color of
OSGeo.

We will continue to use our flyer that it is really cool.

Maybe use could distinguish between this flyer and our:
- this should be more generic for an ample public
- our a little more technical

what do you think about this?

> Besides this, as you said, a horizontal version of the logo is probably
> lacking. We could recycle the startup banner layout ?

+1

> Yours,
> Vincent.

thanks