[GRASS-dev] new addon: v.what.rast.multi

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Tue May 9 00:30:46 PDT 2017

Hi Pierre,

I have one question about the code. In lines 126-130 you create an
object 'fl', which you subsequently do not seem to use. Perhaps in line
150 it should be flags=fl ?

Something else, last year I wrote an addon r.what.rastlabel
(https://github.com/ecodiv/GRASS-scripts/tree/master/v.what.rastlabel)
which can be used to (multiple) raster values and labels. Optionally, it
can also upload raster values only, like your addon (that part uses the
same approach you use). I have not yet added it to the grass addon
repository. I might do that later, at which point we can also see if it
makes sense to merge the two.

Cheers,

Paulo

On 5/9/17 8:36 AM, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> On 8 May 2017 at 07:16, Pierre Roudier <pierre.roudier at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
> Hi,
>
>> FYI I just submitted my (first!) GRASS add-on, called v.what.rast.multi [0].
>>
>> It is a super simple Python wrapper around v.what.rast, and allows to query
>> a suite of rasters in one go:
>>
> thanks, it is useful
> to improve a little bit, you add multiprocessing to the module, for
> example a process for each raster
Interesting, could help to speed up with large point data layers.