[GRASS-dev] LSCorridors as module/addon on GRASS GIS

Bernardo Santos bernardo_brandaum at yahoo.com.br
Tue May 16 06:17:05 PDT 2017

Dear all,
we have developed a GRASS module called Landscape Corridors (LSCorridors), published last month at Methods in Ecology and Evolution:http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/2041-210X.12750/abstract

It aims at simulating multiple functional ecological corridors, based on species perception and landscape influence.
The code and details may be found here:https://github.com/LEEClab/LS_CORRIDORS/wiki/

At first, it was an application called inside GRASS and using other GRASS modules, but which run with a GUI using wxPython. However, now I am adapting it so that it may be called as a GRASS GIS module, as r.ls.corridors.It seems that it is running ok, but if I call it without parameters, the GRASS GIS window does not open normally. Also, we are testing it inside the lab, but more people testing it would be nice.

Then, I would like to ask for some support on how to standardize the package so that it may be useful for more people and maybe be available in future versions of GRASS or as an addon (or other possibilities to make it available).
I can post some specific questions, but I am not sure if this mail list is appropriate for that.

Thanks in advance.Best regards,
Bernardo Niebuhr