[GRASS-dev] r.colors.matplotlib

Steven Pawley dr.stevenpawley at gmail.com
Tue May 30 12:10:36 PDT 2017

Hello Vaclav,

Thanks for writing the r.colors.matplotlib tools because I use the
matplotlib colorramps very frequently both in GRASS and in python more
generally.

I seem to be having a problem of using the perceptually uniform ramps in
the r.colors.matplotlib add on, receiving the error: ERROR: Matplotlib
2.0.2 does not contain color table <plasma>

I'm on linux and matplotlib 2.0.2 has the perceptually uniform ramps, and I
can use them if I display data in python within a GRASS session directly
(i.e. plt.imshow(numpyraster, cmap='plasma').

Is there a reason why r.colors.matplotlib can't see these ramps? It still
works with all of the traditional matplotlib ramps.

Steve