[GRASS-dev] Transifex workflow - was: Re: [GRASS-SVN] r71617 - grass/trunk/locale/po

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 00:56:15 PDT 2017

On 1 November 2017 at 11:20, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hi Luca,

Hi Markus,

> On Nov 1, 2017 10:34 AM, "Maris Nartiss" <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> According to documentation, no:
>> https://grass.osgeo.org/development/translations/
>>
>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation#Continuing_an_existing_translation
>
> Is that outdated or not? I'm still not fully sure to have understood the
> workflow.

probably yes

>> If Transifex is the only option, then I'll research how to make lv
>> exempt of it (I assume modification of merge script will be enough).
>
> I guess more is needed since updates from transifex are done in bulk.

I guess Transifex should be the only option, but maybe msgmerge is
able to merge in both the direction, we should try, Maris could you
check after the next Transifex update if lv translation contain your
translated messages?

I think the only problem is in the Transifex translation that is not
able to get the translated messages from po file.

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org