[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3423: UnicodeDecodeError in r.category in wxGUI when category labels contain special characters

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Nov 12 08:23:58 PST 2017

#3423: UnicodeDecodeError in r.category in wxGUI when category labels contain
special characters
--------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  mlennert     |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  r.category encoding
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+---------------------------------

Comment (by mlennert):

 Replying to [comment:1 annakrat]:
 > Hmm, I can't reproduce it on linux. Could you test if it is still the
 problem?

 I have just checked. There is no issue if the GUI is defined in the
 system's locale. However, choosing English as language also resets all the
 locale settings and so when the GUI is in English, any accented characters
 cannot be displayed.

 So the question becomes: should choice of the language in which the GUI
 appears influence the locale settings in this manner ? If you say yes,
 than we can close this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3423#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>