[GRASS-dev] improve resolution of bands

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 13:03:44 PDT 2017

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 12:45 AM, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>
wrote:

> * Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> [2017-10-20 15:08:18
+0200]:

>> On 20/10/17 11:37, Luca Delucchi wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi devs,
>>>
>>> I just discovered this [0], I think it could be really useful this
functionality in GRASS too, what do you think? The code is LGPL so it
>>> could be ported "easily" in GRASS.
>>>

>>> [0] http://nicolas.brodu.net/recherche/superres/index.html
>>

>> +1
>

> Certainly a valued addition for GRASS and the community.

>From the documentation:
"The method is quite computationally intensive. Please use a small test
region of interest first, and only then expand according to your needs /
available computing power."

This should be tested first to decide if it should be included in GRASS
GIS. People tend to throw huge datasets into GRASS and expect that it works.

Markus M

>> IIUC, it's a new technique for image fusion ? As of now, we have
>> i.pansharpen in core which offers very basic fusion techniques and
>> Nikos' i.fusion.hpf in addons. New techniques would certainly be welcome.
>>
>> A while ago, I was looking at Bayesian fusion methods, notably R-FUSE
[1], for which Matlab code is available [2], but haven't had the time to go
further. That might be another method that would be great to implement.