[GRASS-dev] GSoC introduction Roberta Fagandini

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Apr 24 04:15:52 PDT 2018

Hi Roberta,

On 24/04/18 13:01, Roberta Fagandini wrote:
> Hi all!
> I'm Roberta Fagandini, Ph.D. student at Politecnico of Milano.
> My proposal "GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection"
> has been accepted therefore I've been selected for the GSoC 2018.
> I'm glad to start contributing to OSGeo and especially to GRASS GIS with
> the help of my mentors Roberto Marzocchi and Moritz Lennert.
>
> My project consists in the realization of a GRASS GIS module for the
> detection of clouds and their shadows in Sentinel-2 images without using
> time series.
> Below you can find the link to my proposal:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mQyouqbHGHugn5DjEDZI3hc1eU_bT_b0qLJPPwkt_hk/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I would be grateful if you could have a look at the proposal and provide
> any suggestions.
> Every feedback is welcome and it will be useful to improve my project.
>
> I'm waiting for the writing access to the OSGeo wiki, therefore, I will
> share my wiky page as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks for this great opportunity!

It is great to have you with us ! I'm looking forward to working with
you on this project.

The first thing I would love to see is your existing python script to
get a better understanding of the exact approach you are planning on
implementing.

Depending on what tool you prefer, you can either set up a github
repository for the project, or you could also use the sandbox in the
GRASS svn [1]. You could then share your code there.

Moritz

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/sandbox?order=name