[GRASS-dev] GRASS + Python3 + QGIS (vs Python2)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Dec 25 14:03:32 PST 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 1:02 PM Peter Petrik
<peter.petrik at lutraconsulting.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to sort out support of GRASS for QGIS in Mac package https://lutraconsulting.github.io/qgis-mac-packager/.

Great, thanks for working on that.

> The package is self-standing and bundles its own Python 3, GRASS 7.4.3 (taken from homebrew) and QGIS 3.4.x

Just FYI: Soon 7.6.0 will be available.

> Due to some issues (https://github.com/OSGeo/homebrew-osgeo4mac/issues/452#issuecomment-413650370),
> homebrew forces python2 interpreter to run, which is incompatible with bundled Python3 in the package.
>
> I would like to ask if GRASS fully supports Python 3 (and from which version)

It has been added to trunk = currently GRASS GIS 7.7.svn.
See also
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Python3Support#Howtotest

Hence, 7.8.0 or later will finally come with Python3 support. We need
to speed up on this.

Best Regards,
Markus

--