[GRASS-dev] OSGeo Login required to get code

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 20:16:27 PST 2018

Hi,

it seems that there is some issue with authentication for Subversion. When
I try to download source code using `svn checkout` I get "Authentication
realm: <https://svn.osgeo.org:443> OSGeo Login". This was observed on two
computers with Ubuntu and I can reproduce that in Docker:

```
docker run -it --rm ubuntu
```

Using commands:

```
apt update
apt install subversion
svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk
```

Getting this output (accepting certificate at the beginning and pressing
enter at the end):

```
A    trunk/lib/raster3d/region.c
A    trunk/lib/raster3d/rle.c
A    trunk/lib/raster3d/changetype.c
A    trunk/lib/raster3d/getblock.c
A    trunk/lib/raster3d/test/test_coordinate_transform.c
A    trunk/lib/raster3d/error.c
A    trunk/lib/raster3d/range.c
A    trunk/lib/raster3d/test/test_raster3d_lib.h
Authentication realm: <https://svn.osgeo.org:443> OSGeo Login
Password for 'root':

Authentication realm: <https://svn.osgeo.org:443> OSGeo Login
Username:
Password for '':

Authentication realm: <https://svn.osgeo.org:443> OSGeo Login
Username:
Password for '':

svn: E215004: No more credentials or we tried too many times.
Authentication failed
```

Expected result is of course checkout without the login prompt which
usually comes at the (first) commit.

Is this problem with the client or the server?

Thanks,
Vashek