[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #457: wxGui, layer manager: copy/paste/save layer; workspace load in Display n (not only in 1)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Jun 6 11:34:50 PDT 2018

#457: wxGui, layer manager: copy/paste/save layer; workspace load in Display n
(not only in 1)
  Reporter:  paoloC      |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:              |     Status:  closed
  enhancement            |
 Component:  wxGUI       |    Version:  unspecified
Resolution:  fixed       |   Keywords:  layer manager, workspace, lmgr,
       CPU:              |  layers
  Unspecified            |   Platform:  Unspecified
Changes (by wenzeslaus):

 * status:  new => closed
 * keywords:  layer manager => layer manager, workspace, lmgr, layers
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:457 paoloC]:
 > in wxGUI, Layer Manager, I've just tried these actions:
 >
 > 1) load some vector maps and set properties
 > 2) save workspace as gxw file;
 > 3) start new display (Display 2)
 > 4) in Layer Manager, Display 2, try to load workspace saved previously
 > 5) display 2 … vanish

 This is actually expected behavior. Workspace is not saving one Map
 Display, but all Map Displays, so the vanishing is actually closing both
 and opening just the one previously saved. I assume that the desired
 result was copying of the layers as discussed below.

 > It would be very useful to have the chance to:
 > 1)  copy and past layers from one
 > display to another, avoiding repetitive tasks of setting properties;
 > 2) save singular  layer  so it could be possible to load it in other
 project/dsplay (without load entire workspace).

 There is now Copy button in the layer properties (d.* command) dialogs, so
 you can copy the underlying command and paste it the Console (tab) with
 the other display active. This achieves the desired result.

 Closing as fixed.

 Please, open new tickets if you want additional features such as
 Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V in Layers tab or adding one workspace to another.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/457#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>