[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.6.0

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 11 09:07:12 PDT 2018

Hi devs,

according to our plans we should start to prepare the initial 7.6.0 release:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.0
- Proposal of release: ~14 May
- Soft freeze of release branch: ~23 May
- RC1: ~23 June
- RC2: ~7 July
- Final release: ~29 July 2018 - GRASS GIS birthday!

In  addition, we could make it into the upcoming OSGeoLive 12 being
prepared for the FOSS4G 2018 (see below).

IMHO we have definitely accumulated enough new new features. The next
step would be to create a release branch and shift the attention to
the new branch accordingly.

Strong opinions against it?

Markus