[GRASS-dev] New dev team on github for initial tests

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:03:43 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 June 2018 at 22:07, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> >
> > As I said: the OSGeo git services are IMHO under-staffed and would
> > require  a dedicated budget. Could be a nice idea but the board needs
> > to support that.
> >

> I don't think so, git on OSGeo server is working [0], and the board
> also use it [1]. I don't see any problem, it is like trac or svn....
> I also used it for an OSGeo code [2]

I agree. Also remember that git is a distributed repository, so individual
developers would have their own "complete" repository. I assume less
maintenance compared to SVN.

Huidae

> > Markus
> >

> PS
> Probably I will move most of my github repositories to OSGeo one and
> gitlab according the code topic
>
> [0] https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/
> [1] https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues
> [2] https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/lucadelu/gci_analyst
>
> --
> ciao
> Luca
>
> www.lucadelu.org

Huidae Cho, Ph.D., PE, M.ASCE, CFM, GISP
Senior Geospatial Engineer, MapAnything
Open Source GIS Developer, GRASS GIS Development Team