[GRASS-dev] compile 6S library in GRASS

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 05:33:24 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Stefan Blumentrath <
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> Thanks for clarification, Markus.
>

> So, what would a module that puts together an 6s input file (which is
what Roberta is about to produce if I understood correctly) have to do with
a visibility map then? Nothing, probably?

feed the visibility map as input to i.atcorr with the visibility option.
The corresponding options in the 6s input file are then ignored by i.atcorr.

> Would visibility values in the 6s parameter file be overwritten if a AOD
map is provided to i.atcorr?

> The i.atcorr manual[1] is not particularly clear on this…
>
> In fact handling of visibility map is mentioned as a remaining
documentation issue in the manual.

such a long manual, and still not complete...

If a visibility map is provided, the parameters regarding AOD at 550nm in
the 6s input file are ignored. I added a short note in trunk r72917.

Markus M

GRASS-dev <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>; Roberta Fagandini <
robifagandini at gmail.com>

> Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] compile 6S library in GRASS
>

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 2:03 PM, Stefan Blumentrath <
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> > Just one quick follow up question regarding your wild guess:
> >

> > With a raster map option, the module would have to make assumptions on
units / scale of values in the map (documented in the manual), so in the
further process e.g. average or median could be extracted (r.univar) and
fed to 6s input file, right?

> no, i.atcorr accepts a visibility raster map as input, equivalent to
aerosol optical depth at 550nm.

> Note that internally i.atcorr converts AOD at 550nm to visibility with
>
> v = exp(-log(taer55 / 2.7628f) / 0.79902f);
>

> Markus M
>

> > Cheers
> >
> > Stefan

Chemin
> > Sent: torsdag 28. juni 2018 13:38
> > To: mlennert at club.worldonline.be
> > Cc: Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>; GRASS-dev <
grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>; Roberta Fagandini <robifagandini at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] compile 6S library in GRASS
> >

> > a wild guess: specify a raster input option for AOT (alongside other
options), let user find its image source and use it.