[GRASS-dev] Weird bug in r.sun: command hangs forever for some day of the year

Pierre Roudier pierre.roudier at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:22:07 PDT 2018

OK, something additional I noticed: I obviously wrapped the calculations
for each day of the year in a script.

Somehow, it seems I can re-process manually a day that was hanging during
the script.

Below is the script I used:

for DAY in $(seq 1 365);
do
    DOY=$(printf "%03d\n" $((DAY)))

    echo "Processing day ${DOY} ..."

    eval `g.findfile element=cell file="glob_rad_${DOY}"`

    if [ ! "$file" ]
    then

        r.sun elev=dem_1k aspect=aspect_1k slope=slope_1k day=$DAY
glob_rad=glob_rad_${DOY}

        sleep 15

    fi
done