[GRASS-dev] Regarding testing

Sanjeet edu.sanjeet at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:39:56 PDT 2018

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 10:23 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Sanjeet <edu.sanjeet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, I was wondering if there is any priority for working with testsuites?
>
> Look at the tests in Python scripting library
> (lib/python/script/testsuite). Test it under Python 3 to see how they
> work, specifically test_utils.py will definitely fail for Python 3,
> there will be changes needed in utils.py and its test to make it work
> (we can discuss those). I am not sure if the other tests work with
> Python 3, so let us know. You should try to add some where you feel
> there is not enough testing coverage. Please keep asking if
> something's unclear.

Hi Anna,

I made some minor changes in 'utils.py' in lib/python/script and
'test_utils.py' in its testsuite.
https://github.com/sanjeetbhatti/FullSupportPython3/blob/master/patch.diff

The Python 3's bytes cannot contain ASCII literal characters,
therefore I can't seem to test it as such, I encoded it first before
checking for an assertion, which I am not sure is a correct way to do
so as we are ensuring that we do not pass any bytes with ASCII literal
characters.
Same thing is in test_start_command_functions.py.
Moreover, I generalized the encode and decode functions by using
string conversion for int and float values.

Please let me know if this is the correct way to go about it.

Thanks
--
Sanjeet Bhatti