[GRASS-dev] Regarding testing

Sanjeet edu.sanjeet at gmail.com
Sat May 12 23:12:21 PDT 2018

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 3:30 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 May 2018 at 07:39, Sanjeet <edu.sanjeet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I made some minor changes in 'utils.py' in lib/python/script and
>> 'test_utils.py' in its testsuite.
>> https://github.com/sanjeetbhatti/FullSupportPython3/blob/master/patch.diff
>>
>> The Python 3's bytes cannot contain ASCII literal characters,
>> therefore I can't seem to test it as such, I encoded it first before
>> checking for an assertion, which I am not sure is a correct way to do
>> so as we are ensuring that we do not pass any bytes with ASCII literal
>> characters.
>
> could be this a problem with languages using strange accent mark?
> We had and have problem with some languages in translations
>
>> Same thing is in test_start_command_functions.py.
>> Moreover, I generalized the encode and decode functions by using
>> string conversion for int and float values.
>>
>> Please let me know if this is the correct way to go about it.
>>
> It seems correct to me, but please Anna answer

Hi Anna and Luca,

I have been working with scripts and testing them with python3 and I
made some changes in 2 different patches:
1. patch.diff -> has changes for unicode/bytes in utils and its
test_utils.py along with test_start_command_functions.py (depending on
the changes in utils)
2. raster.diff -> has changes for raster.py

Please take a look here:
https://github.com/sanjeetbhatti/FullSupportPython3

For other tests, I have created a google sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eAIJtegNWSbBscFChhQzMTl0vmbGPjmrW_013hSw9bI

I'm working on few other testsuites and hoping to have a couple of
patches submitted by tomorrow.

Thanks
--
Sanjeet Bhatti