[GRASS-dev] ​GSoC 2018 report week 02 - GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Sun May 27 04:24:44 PDT 2018

Hi all!
I'm Roberta Fagandini and I'm working on my GSoC project, a GRASS GIS
module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection.
This is my report for the second week of coding.

*1) What did I complete this week?*

   - Added a basic version of the shadow detection procedure
   - Implemented some changes from dev feedback
   - Cleaned up the cloud detection code reducing the r.mapcalc calls and
   other computations in order to improve performance
   - Cleaned up the shadow detection code reducing the r.mapcalc calls and
   other computations in order to improve performance
   - Integrated the cloud and shadow intersection part
   - Managed temporary file
   - Tested the python script and fixed bugs
   - Frequently added the python script to my GitHub repository [0]
   - Shared progress with the community

*2) What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Implement any change from discussions and feedback
   - Test it and fix bugs
   - Start implementing the GUI

*3) Is there any blocking issue?*
No at the moment.

Here the links to my wiki page [1] and GitHub repository [0]

Kind regards,
Roberta

[0] https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows
[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/CloudsAndShadowsDetection