[GRASS-dev] Testsuite: script for easier use of test framework

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 17:00:35 PST 2019

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 12:02 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 2:00 AM Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> you suggested. I don't know how
> I at least set the things correctly.

I did additional renames (see the test_framework_GRASS_GIS_with_NC.sh
script for the full list), but it fixes the same number tests which are now
newly broken likely due to differences in basic and full NC SPM
(differences other than names). Here is the list of newly broken tests
(feel free to investigate):

http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/reports_for_date-2019-01-20-08-00/report_for_nc_spm_full_v2alpha_nc/raster/r.basins.fill/testrbf/index.html
http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/reports_for_date-2019-01-20-08-00/report_for_nc_spm_full_v2alpha_nc/vector/v.surf.rst/test_vsurfrst/index.html
http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/reports_for_date-2019-01-20-08-00/report_for_nc_spm_full_v2alpha_nc/vector/v.univar/v_univar_test/index.html

List of renames:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/testsuite/examples/test_framework_GRASS_GIS_with_NC.sh#L98

> Can you also comment on what are the difference to the example cron job
> from the documentation [1] (besides
> > the renames)? And whether or not it would be worth it to have just one
> example, this one or the one in the documentation.
> >
> > [1]
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/libpython/gunittest_running_tests.html#example-bash-script-to-run-be-used-as-a-cron-job
>
> Differences:
> - script reorganization: I like it much more when definitions are done
> on top and not in the script "middle".Moving them to the upper part of
> the script + adding a few more vars is one difference.
> - now GRASS GIS is compiled with make -j ($MYNPROC - 1), faster for
> bigger machines
> - compilation can be switched on/off in the definitions
> - NC data download added (needed if you test a GRASS GIS installation
> on a new machine)
> - user can define python or python3 (or whatever, it is a var now)
> -  publication on Web server can be switched on/off in the definitions
>
> That's more or less it..

Any reason for the file, i.e. can this be in the documentation? Or do you
want a simpler example in doc and a link to the source code with more
complex or ready-to-use examples?

Vaclav