[GRASS-dev] instructions to update my local copy of trunk

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 20:27:47 PDT 2019

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 5:12 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 10:52 PM Panagiotis Mavrogiorgos
> <pmav99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Markus wrote:
> >> It there a way (magic flag?) to avoid this out-of-sync in the first
> place?
> >> E.g., for the cronjobs I do not want to go there weekly and "git push"
> >> stuff around.
> >
> > Yes, but we need to know the contents of the cron scripts first.
>
> It simply follows the HowToGit on trac which leads to the mentioned
> problem.
>
> What I am searching for is that the disk copy is the same as on the
> server. As it is a cronjob there will be no local changes. Still, some
> push magic seems to me missing from
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToGit#Keepyourlocalsourcecodeuptodate

That might be the root of the problem. What you are linking is for cases
when you have a fork and you are making local changes (it is under
Contributing guidelines after all). It is hard to guess what is the
specific problem here without seeing the script, but a simple `git pull` or
something close to that should be sufficient just to update a copy for
build. Perhaps the *only single* case when using Git is like using
Subversion... (let's see if that turns to be true! :-)

The cron script should be probably part of grass-maintenance repo...