[GRASS-dev] svn/trac -> git/github migration plan

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon May 13 04:31:04 PDT 2019

Hi,

po 13. 5. 2019 v 13:21 odesílatel Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> napsal:
> I think we just need to get the ball rolling. There will certainly be
> some transition pain, but if we try to prepare everything to perfection
> it will never happen ;-)

right, currently I am working on source code migration. Unfortunately
there is a new issue which is quite pain. My last attempt to create
git repo from fresh svn [1] copy (tarball) fails with

r74442 = a3741bbbdfc31118ea9ab9d98a6bd15a39b6fa83 (refs/remotes/origin/trunk)
Error from SVN, (160006): Invalid filesystem revision number: No such
revision 74542

Now retrying with svn dump. When it will be solved I will publish
links to rewritten messages log and new git repo for public review.

Ma

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/tools/svn2git/0-migrate-fetch.sh#L17

--
Martin Landa